Monday, February 11, 2008

A Random Act of Kindness

Today is the start of Random Act of Kindness Week. So as I earned some money last week, I thought I would join in and be kind to the people of Bury St Edmunds (sorry to those who don't live here, but hopefully you'll bump into another kind soul in your vicinity).

I would like to buy one of my local readers a lovely cup of tea/coffee plus a yummy scrummy cake, at one of their favourite haunts in town.

All you need to do, is be the first to leave a comment to claim your treat and tell me what you love most about your chosen venue. If you happen to get in first, email me your details as soon as you can and I will happily drop in a tenner to the venue of choice for you to use over the next few days, that way you can take someone along to keep you company. Remember, the only condition is that it must be a cafe/tea room located within Bury St Edmunds town centre.

I'm sorry, but I can only be kind to just one person as I can't afford to treat everyone....and with that, let the kindness begin.....!

Don't be shy now.

UPDATE: Congratulations to Bury Girl for winning the tea and cake. Bury Girl....hope you enjoy your treat.

6 Comments:

Florries Mum said...

How Kind. I would like to pass your kindness along to the next person to claim, as I recall that you have already treated me to a cup of coffee, in a lovely coffee venue in Bury. I now feel all warm and glowy, if thats a word. Better to give than receive as they say. Have a happy week.

Rosie said...

This is an incredible idea 21stCM and one I've never seen on a blog before. It has put me in a good mood this morning. I am going to make an effort to be kinder to others today. Thanks for the post.

Anonymous said...

me me me me me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Her indoors said...

Go Bury Girl...you've got it! just name your venue in Bury St Edmunds (and tell me why) and email me your details (just your first name will do). I'll pop £10 along to your venue for you, where you can enjoy a lovely yummy treat (I can recommend Tickety Boo Cupcake Room if you are struggling for options). email me at
21stcm@21stcenturymummy.co.uk

Thanks to Florries mum and Rosie for your lovely comments and for sharing in the random act of kindness.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Ahh that's lovely. Mmmm cake.

Her indoors said...

Thanks Jo...and I say the same...mmm cake ;-)

A message to Bury Girl...don't forget to email me...don't be shy. I promise I won't reveal your details.