Thursday, February 07, 2008

Boo hoo!

They say things come in threes.

Thing #1. On Tuesday I received my first bill for the first month of my new mobile contract......just over £240........ooops, yikes and ouch (but now resolved)!

Thing #2. On Wednesday, after finishing a workshop in deepest darkest Suffolk, I came out to find my car had been "keyed", i.e. deliberately scratched right along the sides and the back of my car. Ouch (but at least it's been reported)!

Thing #3. Today, I find the screen of my new phone has somehow cracked. So reading texts are now pretty much guesswork, so to all my friends, please don't text me because it now hurts to read them. Yet another ouch (I just hope it can get fixed cheaply, as I declined the insurance option).

Times like this call for some serious looking on the bright side. So after a short time in glumsville, the only thing for a girl to do is arm herself with the right equipment with a whole arsenal of ingredients and make lots of these:



Tomorrow is another day and now it's time for some wine.

9 Comments:

Charlotte Howard said...

My mum (aged Xty one) always says things come in threes. But I suppose when they come in twos or fours we don't notice.

Anonymous said...

That's so rubbish, poor poor you! Don't lose heart though - as my Mum would say "...never you mind, good karma will kick in and bring you some nice things...." Hope the wine helped....I'm going to have a glass or 3 for you later ;)

Her indoors said...

But Paul - they ALWAYS come in threes, so if you get a four, it just means that you should expect another two ;-D

Hi Baba - great karma has already arrived. I've been getting loads of emails and calls about the features in About Bury. I'll join you in the wine tonight. Cheers ;-D

Christina S said...

Crappy things happening, but OH what beautiful cup cakes! xx

Her indoors said...

Thanks Ruby - I'll make up some more next week with my lovely reusable cases ;-D

Anonymous said...

I must agree with Ruby, amazing looking cupcakes. Do you think 7.30am is to early to go and make my own?

Hope today is a better day

Her indoors said...

Thanks Laura - I don't think 7.30 is too early at all, I was up making chocolate muffins this morning at 7.00. Please be under no illusion that I am a domestic goddess, it was purely bribe material (and worked I'm pleased to say)....Every day has been so much better since, Mobile solved, Criminals caught and Phone fixed. So thanks so much for the well-wishes.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Ohhh so annoying. Hope the wine helped. I hate people who damage cars just for the hell of it. It's so thoughtless and spiteful and small.

Her indoors said...

Oh the wine definitely helped. As if I needed an excuse. ;-D