Tuesday, January 15, 2008

21st cm tests mobile image posts



Just when you thought it was safe to come back, you've caught me at it again. This time i am testing sending photos to the blog from my phone in preparation for my travels. I knew i'd crack it in the end but i hadn't expected so many hurdles. Hope you like the photo.

Posted by ShoZu

ADDENDUM - At present the image isn't appearing so it looks like there has been another glitch (hopefully a temporary one) after all. I have had problems sending images from my phone when using my email accounts (both btinternet and gmail). I also tried sending directly to Blogger using MMS, but there seems to be recognised problems caused by the format of text in the "From" data when using the T-Mobile MMS platform (which O2 appears to use). Consequently, I tracked down the ShoZu sharing application which enables you to download its application directly to your phone. It is then possible to configure the application to send multimedia files directly to Blogger, YouTube and other social networking sites. Apparently the ShoZu site is down at present, but hopefully when it is back soon, the image will re-appear.

4 Comments:

Rosie said...

Blimey that's impressive. I didn't know it was possible to send photos to a blog from a mobile phone. Interesting picture!

Her indoors said...

Hello Ingenious - wow, you must have been up in the middle of the night! The picture was of the orchid in my living room. It is pretty, but it's a shame it has now disappeared. Hopefully it will come back again ;-D

I promise I'll come over and "talk" to you soon. I keep popping by but am in too much to stop for long. I'm glad that you're back on your IR site though, even though I love the other parenting one. See you soon ;-D

Anonymous said...

You lost me during your "addendum" but I do love your orchid!! I've got one that is currently flowerless.........I'm hoping with some TLC it will re-grow!! X

Her indoors said...

Thanks Baba - I'm truly surprised that mine still has flowers...miracles do happen after all ;-D