Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Reasons to be cheerful

I was going to call this post Rainy Day Blues, which when you see the following video of the weather in Bury St Edmunds (illustrated by the wind and the rain in my garden), you'll see what I mean.



It's pretty blustery up here in our neck of the woods on Moreton Hall. The video doesn't quite do justice to Mother Nature's talents.

Little one and I have tucked ourselves in away from the wind and rain and as I look out of the window it is definitely the best place to be especially because....

a) I've not slept for days, as my youngest has been poorly with the odd bout of fever and has got into a routine of waking at 4am.

b) I have to make arrangements to visit my home town for a family funeral, which will mean being away from the family overnight

c) Last but not least I *must* complete my tax return.

Not a great few days you might think. However, my tiredness is a great excuse to huddle together and indulge in some storybooks and a continuous schedule of CBeebies. It's sad that I am actually hoping that Balamory will be on soon, but there's always a good story in Balamory




And as for the funeral, let's set aside the sorrow and look at the practicalities, after so many nights of interrupted sleep I am looking forward to my first 9 hour snooze.

There, things are looking more cheerful already...

So it's probably a good time to add that I've lost 6 pounds over the last 12 days (that's weight not money)...

...I'm also about to book our summer holiday in Switzerland...

....and at the weekend we're meeting up with my brother-in-law to celebrate his 40th birthday and his OBE, which was announced in the New Year's Honours List.

Ah sunny days are on their way, even if it's still miserable outside.


2 Comments:

Jo Beaufoix said...

Tax returns. Bleurghh. And your garden looks very pretty.

Her indoors said...

Bleurghh ....that's what I thought too Jo. It's much better to be in the garden even when it's blowing a gale. Thanks for the comments about the garden, will try and post up more photos later this year ;-D