Sunday, October 28, 2007

So what did you do with your extra hour?


I was treated to a lovely hot bath followed by a nice cup of tea and some time to myself, while 21st C Dad played with the kids downstairs...

...what a great start to British Winter Time...

...including an opportunity to ponder a recent research report from the University of Cambridge, which states that putting the clocks back results in "more traffic accidents and higher, more costly, evening peaks in electricity consumption" than if the clocks just stayed the same.

If you've got an extra hour and want to take a look at the report, just click here for the PDF report by Brendan Cronin and Elizabeth Garnsey.

5 Comments:

Erica Douglas said...

I sang karaoke. Badly.

Anonymous said...

I got my daughter up an hour early for work (blush) so I overcompensated and stayed in bed 2 hours more!

Her indoors said...

Oh Erica - I hope it wasn't too bad ;-D

Hi Grumps - now that sounds like my ideal start to the day ;-D

Em said...

I was woken still early and expected to watch kids TV, that wasnt actually on yet....yawn!

Her indoors said...

Em - poor you. I hope all the body clocks have adjusted now ;-D