Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Happy Anniversary 21st C Dad


Before 21st C Dad went off to work this morning, he gave me a beautiful present, a lovely silver bracelet with lots of purple hearts on it.

21st C Dad is rather romantic. On our first valentine's day together, he whisked me off to Loughborough... (okay I know that doesn't sound that romantic, but hang in there)...for a five course meal on a steam train. It was a wonderful atmosphere, in fact perfect. It's just a shame that we had to leg it back to the mainline train station before coffee, so that we could get the train back to Nottingham.

When he asked me to marry him, he took me around all the jewellers in Bern, the capital city of Switzerland, asking me what kind of engagement ring I liked. Then he proposed to me in the cathedral square, producing a ring for which he had personally selected the diamond and had already brought with him from the UK.

He even arranged for me to design our own wedding rings, which we had made in Hatton Gardens in London.

He is fantastic and the best man I could ever be lucky enough to meet, let alone marry and I love him to the moon and back. Excuse me for becoming all soppy but today is indeed our wedding anniversary, giving me a lovely excuse to reminisce about the day that we got married 9 years ago in Hertfordshire.

We held our small wedding ceremony in a beautiful register office, followed by a huge party at a rather unusual place...Whipsnade Zoo. Our guests had a great time, with a tour bus also laid on so that they could have a twilight tour of the animal park. We had also booked a photo opportunity with the elephants, but one of them had a hernia, so we thought better of it.

And as for the wedding songs, it had to be Angels by Robbie Williams (yes I know ... a popular choice), followed by Lucky Man, by The Verve (I don't know how I managed to get that past 21st C Dad), topped off by Robbie Williams again with Let Me Entertain You....(yes, even the DJ had said he'd never had that one before!).

So...back to the beautiful present that I received this morning...it hasn't passed me by that the hearts are purple, a lighter shade of the colour of the velvet suit that 21st C Dad wore on the day. Yes, we did the purple bit before Posh & Becks set the trend and what a great choice it was.

Thank you 21st C Dad...for marrying me and for everything else that's followed... and another thank you for letting me now get away with blogging.

10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I send Bury Boy round for lessons pleeeeaaaase?

Christina S said...

Aww how sweet. Beautiful bracelet! Will be sending Mr Ruby round for lessons too - he's more a "bunch of garage flowers" kind of guy :-D

Anonymous said...

Lovely lovely blog! Hope you have a wonderful evening xxx

Picklesmum said...

Aw, bless you both. You are a very lucky lady. Happy Anniversary.

Hoffy Swims said...

Happy Anniversary 21CM.

Rosie said...

What a gorgeous post 21st CM and what a lovely husband you have - incredibly romantic. Congratulations to you both. Good to see Nottingham getting a mention. I haven't been tempting to pop across to Loughborough since I've known this area (about 30 years!)

Motheratlarge said...

What a lovely posting. How heart-warming to read about two people so much in love - and after ten years together. Congratulations on your anniversary.

Her indoors said...

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your lovely comments. Apologies for the unusual case of not responding individually, but I've got an unusual case of lots of work to finish.

I will be hiring 21st C Dad for consultancy services should you need him.

Also, big congratulations to the Babas who are celebrating their 3 month wedding anniversary...

BTW If anyone should feel the need to pop into Loughborough...try somewhere else (oops, it's not that I've got anything against Loughborough, but there are other places).

Jo Beaufoix said...

A belated congratulations sweetie.
And I love the prezzie.


Must eave this post open on the PC for Mr B to happen across.

Her indoors said...

Thanks Jo - and hope Mr B saw it ;-D