Friday, October 12, 2007

Blogging Live from Tickety Boo in Bury St Edmunds


Top of the morning t'you. I hope you're feeling tickety boo. I am...especially as I am taking the opportunity to blog live from the Tickety Boo Cupcake Room, in St John's Street. Oh lucky me!

Contrary to popular belief, I am not just indulging in a delicious White Chocolate, Hazlenut and Cranberry Torte, accompanied by a generous cup of latte ....


(I've made the photo of the torte smaller so that the portion doesn't look as large as it really is)

...I am actually working. I've already trekked around our local Waitrose to finish off our family grocery shop (life is hard isn't it) and have just dropped down to one of my favourite haunts to enjoy the refreshments and listen to the fabulous swing music while I get on with working on my website.



However, looking at these cakes, I may not be able to fit back through that door on my way out.

If you are in town this morning, do pop by and say hello and if you happen to have your laptop, connecting to the Internet is again, very easy from this beautiful Hotspot. It's free and you just need the password from the lovely proprietor Alison Snow.


12 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I was in town this morning, the cake looks wonderful,and it would be so nice to meet you, especially over a latte.
Wouldn't it be great if computers could let you smell things as well as just see them, then people at home could at least indulge in a little bit of the pleasure.
I really think you should try those cakes, just for research purposes, perhaps two types, for the sake of comparison!

Her indoors said...

a.n.other I think you are right about those cakes and being able to smell them over over broadband. Is there any particular one you are interested in, we could test that out ;-D

Ali the owner has just asked me to test out a piece of caramel and chocolate flapjack that she'd just cooked. It was delicious.

I'm going to try out the Lounge next time, so watch out as you could meet me there. It would be lovely to meet you. However, in the meantime, I recommend a trip to the Cupcake Room ;-D

Anonymous said...

Aarrgghh! You rotter - I am stuck behind my desk without even a sniff of a cake or a latte. If I had someone to cover the office I would run (hobble rather) around the corner and pinch a bit of your cake - although I suspect you have already eaten it - sniff.

Anonymous said...

Drat, we were in The Lounge. Need to co-ordinate better next time.

Her indoors said...

Hi grumps - next time, send in your order and I'll deliver it right round. I hope your foot gets better soon, it sounds very painful ;-(

Hi Florries mum - I know, didn't help that young Ruby left her mobile at home today...she got the message about my whereabouts when she got home...ne'er mind...I hope you have a wonderful time away with Bury Boy and I'll see you when you get back to hear the wonderful tales.

BTW...as for the work, I was too busy boring people with my blog to get anything else done, so my reputation is still upheld. So
Hoffy with ref to an earlier comment...I promise I will do some work soon. :-D

Anonymous said...

I can say I was there!
Yay! A claim to fame!
I was mightily impressed with your blog and in awe of your demonstration of blogging prowess... :D

PostalScoob said...

Hello again I will try not to swamp your blog with posts just to let you know I have created a blog account :)

Her indoors said...

Hello Postal Scoob - great to bump into you today and thanks again for the coffee. Now that you've got a blogger account you should link to Cashier No.5, who is on the receiving end rather than the delivery....the receiving end of what though...who knows. You'll see the link on Picklesmum's and Ruby's sites ;-D

Jo Beaufoix said...

Ooo that looks like a fab place.
And of course you need all that cake to top up your energy supplies which must be greatly diminished due to carrying your very heavy laptop around to all those blogging hot spots.
I'm sure all that work renders it calorie free.
Hooray.

Her indoors said...

Ha Ha jo - that is sound advice ;-D

Anonymous said...

Just found your sweet blog post, (no pun intended) and thought about saying a cyber hi!
I used to live just around the corner at the bottom of St John's Street, (Cannonfields, nr the pup) and it was always a treat to walk into town via that road. I will try and visit 'Tickety Boo Cupcake Room' while doing some xmas shopping, soon :)

Her indoors said...

Hi Pog - thanks for visiting. The Cupcake Room is a must. Might see you in there as I am can often be seen camping out there. ;-D