Sunday, September 16, 2007

AUTUMN A N N E


Jo Beaufoix tagged me recently to choose one (or more) of the games that she herself had been tagged with. She did a brilliant job, which you can see here...

...As for me, I'm taking the easy option. I've chosen the Middle Name game. You'll soon see why, but first, let's start with the rules.

The Rules:

1) You have to post the rules before you give the facts.
2) Players must list one fact that is relevant to your life for each letter in your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name then use a name that you like.
3) When you are tagged, you must write a post containing your own middle name game facts.
4) At the end of your post, you must tag one person for each letter in your middle name. Don’t forget to comment them telling that they are tagged and to read your post to get the rules.

Ok...this should be easy because my name is ANNE. Poor Jo, hers is Elizabeth. Anyway, here goes...

A is for Autumn

I have loved autumn since I was a little girl. Autumn always meant "back to school" and catching up with my friends. There was always the fresh new uniform and the new winter coat. I still love the first chill which prompts me to grab my scarf and gloves and enjoy their warmth.


So, I am pretty happy at the moment as Autumn is fast approaching. So be gone you disappointing summer and welcome to my reliable old friend.


N is for Noses

I've got a thing about noses. I am really fussy. I don't like noses that are too big, noses that are too small or noses that are too hairy. I am sure that Goldilocks would understand why I can only cope with noses that are "just right".

I don't think that my nose is too big, or too small and hopefully not too hairy. However, it is nowhere near "just right". In fact it's bent due to an accident which resulted in me breaking it when I was 14. I should have known I was too big to do tumble-overs on a safety fence in a Welsh village. Well, there was nothing else to do at the time and there were only 3 TV channels. Yes three! That's how old I am.


Even though I am not good with in the nasal area, I am tempted to order these "Pick your nose" cups when I next have a party. I first saw them in a quirky little shop in Paris, but you can also buy them from here.


N is for Naughtiness

I love Naughtiness, not to be confused with nastiness. Naughtiness is one of those words that sounds like it should be. It just sounds so naughty...say it a few times...go on......naughtiness, naughtiness, naughtiness.

I was a naughty little girl. I would wait for April Fools Day in the same way as most children wait for Christmas. I used to relish the opportunity to play mischief. I used to love hiding, behind a door, under the coats in the coat-stand or even up in the trees.


"My Naughty Little Sister" was one of my favourite reads. She was always naughtier than me, so made me look like an angel by comparison.

I love my children's naughtiness. I don't mean the pushing or shoving or fighting over toys, but the daring aspect to their characters. I love seeing the glint in my children's eyes when they know they are being naughty. Seeing the cheekiness and the creative spirit coming alive is just adorable.


E is for Emily

If my eldest son had been born a girl, he, or rather she, would have been called Emily. There was no reason for the choice of name other than the fact that we really loved it and we hadn't met anyone called Emily who was horrible.


In fact we didn't even know anyone called Emily at the time. However, since then we have met lots and most have been lovely! So here's a big thumbs up for all the nice Emilys all over the world.
(photo of Emily Bishop courtesy of www.corrie.net)


As it states in the rules, I now have to tag four people, one for every letter in my middle name. So, Picklesmum, Ruby, mummyonashoestring and Mr Bean look out..you've been tagged.




6 Comments:

Picklesmum said...

Gee, thanks for that. I'm very worried about meeting you now, my nose is very small and you may not like me because of that. Still I don't like big noses, just ask Ruby about the 'spoon reflection!'

Jo Beaufoix said...

These are fab.
Naughtiness is indeed a fantastic word and should probably be given a present.

And I want the nose cups.

My nose has been described by both my hubby and my ex as 'characterful'.

I'm not sure what that means but I think it's ok.

And I love autumn too. You can't beat the crunch of leaves under your feet as you walk along.

The photo you chose is fab. Did you take it??

Her indoors said...

Hi Pickesmum - don't worry, I'm sure I won't hold it against you. My mum has such a small nose, it makes her look like a little sparrow, but she's lovely. If you had a moustache, that would be a different matter ;-D

Hi Jo - you sound like someone who is naughty as well ;-). Those nose cups aren great aren't they. From what you say, it sounds as though you should blog your nose one day. Thanks for the comments about the photo. Yes, I took both the large one and the small avenue one.

I took the large one yesterday, just after I'd caught my little one who was jumping off a tree stump. I dropped the camera just as I caught him. The zoom is now making a bit of a ticking noise when opening and closing, so fingers crossed it's going to be okay. Fab little camera but it's not known for its robustness.

Her indoors said...

Ruby - what's this about the spoon reflection as mentioned by Picklesmum ;-D

Christina S said...

21stCMummy, did I ever tell you about one of my party pieces? I can make my nose go CRACK. I think I should show you some time, hee hee (cackles naughtily).

The spoon reflection, ROFL. When someone's nose is big and their face is thin, the person sometimes looks like a reflection in the back of a spoon. Best example ever is Barry Mannilow :-D

Her indoors said...

Hi Ruby - ouch! I can't wait to see that party trick but wait until I've had a couple of glasses first! 8-@

Thanks for the spoon reflection explanation ...LOL...I always did find that Barry Manilow's nose always did get in the way of my appreciation of his music. Same with Rod Stewart. Not that I've got a problem or anything ;-D