Monday, June 04, 2007

Sparkling like new





Excuse me while I finish polishing my nails...I don't want to scratch the nail varnish...

Now that must be the image I'll probably portray as a result of this post, but honestly, I don't mind getting my hands dirty really as long as I get the perfect results. However, one thing that just doesn't fall into my "can do" category is cleaning the oven. No matter how much I scrub, it never gets spotless and I cannot do with investing all that time, using horrible chemicals for such crap results.

That's why I called Ovenclean to the rescue, where for a sum of money somebody comes around and cleans your oven for you, with caustic free cleaning products. aaaaaaahhh Paradise.

As a result, I now have one spotless, beautiful oven. So thank you to Mark, our local franchise holder. Just look at the results:



So what did I do while my oven was being cleaned? Of course, I didn't just put my feet up! No, I did my usual grocery shop online and sorted out the arrangements for my eldest's French Club.

Before I begin to sound like I really belong to the "ladies who lunch" circle, I must confess that I also managed to clean the downstairs loo. So with a good morning's work out of the way, it's time for a lie down (only joking ;-) )

6 Comments:

Christina S said...

WOW, what a sparkling result. That looks like my oven might ... if it was clean!!!!!!

Her indoors said...

Hi Ruby...yes, it's amazing isn't it! So forget a pampering session at a spa - that's old hat. Ovenclean is the new feelgood factor. If you fancy booking up, just enlarge the photo of the van for the tel number.

Anonymous said...

ohmygod!! that's amazing i'm getting my oven cleaned now - you have no idea how much i've needed this to push me into action!! I've even been on their website and found a local franchise...watch this space ! And thank you 21st Century Mummy for the inspirattion

Baba x

Her indoors said...

Hi Baba - I am sure you will be delighted with the results. I've just had a look at the Oven photo again and it looks like the oven is smiling at me (have a another look). What a happy oven ;-)

todaysdaze said...

how funny.... must be a spring cleaning thing with everyone doind their ovens!! I cleaned my oven last week as I was moving and wanted the oven to be left as I found it. Cleaning the oven here is soooo easy, I only had to set the oven to "self clean" and switch it on. It sets its own timer and is completely chemical free. The oven gets to around 800 degress and burns everything off. It takes about 4 hours to complete the cycle, as you cannot open the oven until it is completely cold. Then all you have to do is wipe the bottom with a damp cloth. It even gets glass and shelves clean. Amazing.....these Americans are all for making things as easy as possible!!!!!!

Her indoors said...

Hi Todaysdaze - a "self clean" oven is such a dream. Maybe next time we move house we will be lucky to have on. Doesn't it make you wonder about all the hard work that people had "on their plate" last century (as well as many of our contemporaries).