Saturday, April 19, 2008

One year old today!

Can you believe it, today I am one year old! Well not me exactly, but the 21st C Mummy blog.

What a year!

This time last year, I had a 5 year old who had not long started school and a 2 year old who was learning to talk. Today, my eldest son is happily settled into his 2nd year at school. As for my 2 year old, he's turned into a 3 year old chatterbox and will also be starting school in September.

When I started this blog I was shy about my identity and stayed firmly in the closet. However, my other blog has seen to that, and today I am also celebrating that it was featured in The Body and Soul supplement of The Times. Now that's a birthday present and a half!

Blogging is amazing and I will forever be grateful to Ruby for her inspiration in getting me started. A blog can create a fabulous outlet for creativity as well as a forum for attracting like-minded people. I feel lucky to have made friends with a fabulous group of people, both locally and further afield. So a big thank you goes out to you all.

You'll know by now that I'm not one for gifts, but I'm going to follow in the footsteps of Mel at Bean Sprouts, who on her actual birthday asked for people to turn the lights out for Earth Hour.

So onto my own celebrations...as there's so much to celebrate I'm going to be really cheeky...

It's Earth Day on Tuesday and I would love it if you could mark the occasion by trying your hand at a Zero Waste Day, which means not throwing away anything that would end up in landfill, whether it's at home or indeed work. Don't forget to try and avoid buying anything with packaging that can't be composted or recycled. Go on...it's easier than it sounds, honest...and if you have any questions...just ask! Even better...blog about it and challenge others.

Anyway, I've got my own celebrations to get on with and I am going to spend the week catching up with loads of friends, including my mate Tracey at International Downshifting Week. In fact International Downshifting Week starts today, so please pop over and say hello to her.

Anyway, the wine is calling, but before I go I must complete a challenge set by Rosie at Parenting Issues to publish my memoirs in 6 words. (I know it's cheating but to see the rules and the background to the challenge have a look at Rosie's blog).

SO....here we go....what about...

Welsh girl found feet in England

If anyone else wants a go, please share your own 6 word memoirs in my comments or have a go on your blog.

Will be back soon....lots of love 21st C M xxx

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations 21st CM, saw you mentioned in The Times! You're becoming a blogging superstar. And Happy Blogaversary! (I think I've just made that word up!) Your memoir is great. I'm off now to swot up on recycling as I'm going to attempt your Tuesday challenge!

Rosie

Christina S said...

Happy First Blogaversary (very good word Rosie!!)and may there be many more. Gosh, it is so nice to be credited with inspiring you - thank you!!

Very tempting to try the 6 word story idea. I like yours and have been for a look at Rosie's too which is great. I shall think on it ... !!

xx

Jo Beaufoix said...

Happy Blogaversary sweetie. And I'm up for your birthday challenge.
Rosie tagged me too for the memoir and I and fun though it was harder than you'd think.
It's mt blogaversary next month so I must decide how to mark it. :D

Melanie Rimmer said...

Happy first blogaversary. You've achieved amazing things in just one year. Imagine what you will do in the coming year!

Frog in the Field said...

Well done on your first year, I have often lurked here.
Perhaps my memoir could be English Girls found feet in Wales!

Christina S said...

OK, got it:

"Bury St Edmunds changed my life."

LOL.

I suppose Bury St Edmunds could technically be counted as one word as a place name, but I decided to give it its full importance by letting it count as 3(and don't forget that 3 is the magic number).

Her indoors said...

Hi Rosie - thanks for the well wishes. I can't wait to find our how you managed with your rubbish by the way ;-D

Her indoors said...

Hi Ruby - It is a good word isn't it. That Rosie is very creative. If it wasn't for Ruby, there would be no 21st C M and certainly no AMA. Love you Memoir...so true (funny how it seems) ;-D

Hi Jo - loved your memoir and I am now looking forward to your blogaversary.

Hi Mel - Yike the following year...who knows what will happen...LOL. It's a good job I can't even think past the weekend, otherwise I could get cold feet ;-D

Hi Frog in the Field - LOL. Love your memoir too. Say hi to Cymru for me ;-D