Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Tony Hadley opens East Anglian Beer Festival


The man who helped me pass my O'Levels in the 1980s opened the 17th East Anglian Beer Festival in Bury St Edmunds today.

I spent all morning singing, "Gold", "True" and "I don't need this pressure on", but when you're off to a beer festival there is indeed no pressure, except of course when the bus is late and you know you don't like beer.

I was off to see none other than Spandau Ballet's Tony Hadley officially cut the ribbon.


Then I stalked him, with my lovely friend Ruby (who's also published her blogpost), while he was interviewed by the local press. Another interview I overheard sounded rather intriguing...something about a TV series coming up.


But not really being into beer, and only being able to cope with one glass of cider, I thought I'd be better off slinking off politely and going for a coffee...

My only regret is that I never asked Tony about his bin.

6 Comments:

Christina S said...

That was very nice cider though - and it's probably a good job we left when we did - I'm still a bit tiddled.

Her indoors said...

LOL Ruby - we are a couple of cheap dates aren't we ;-D

Florries Mum said...

I'm glad to see your taste improved as you matured-ditch The Bay City Rollers for a bit of real class!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos! LOVE Hadley to bits!!!! I'd stalk him too, if he'd only come to the States! lol!
xoxoxo

Her indoors said...

Hi Ruby...this is proof that I am really out of the closet. You are right. We did indeed leave at the right time (21st CM) x

Her indoors said...

Hi FM - it really is me honest...and yes, my taste has much improved over time ;-D

Hi Terry - thanks for visiting...you could always ask him to come over ;-D