Friday, April 04, 2008

So who is the secret news agent?

I went shopping with my 6 year old today.

All I said was "The next stop is the newsagent".

He suddenly fell about laughing, in almost a rolling on the floor kind of scenerio.

Then he said "That's so funny mummy...who is the newsagent?"

Quite bemused, I pointed down the street and said "It's the shop down there!"

He stopped in his tracks, cut the laughing and replied "So it's not a man who spies on the TV!"

With a picture of a man (or indeed woman), cloaked in a dark cape, watching the news with a magnifying glass and recording equipment, it was my turn to almost roll on the floor laughing. But thinking about it, isn't that how news is often shared, with or without the garb?

2 Comments:

Jo Beaufoix said...

Hee hee, I love it when they say something that amuses themselves. It's so cute.

Her indoors said...

Hi Jo - it is great isn't it! The boys often get me laughing out loud at some of the things they come up with.