Monday, April 14, 2008

Noone expects the Spanish Omelette

When I awoke yesterday morning and came downstairs, my three year old had already got out of bed, but 21st C dad and I were sleeping so soundly we hadn't heard him crack the eggs all over the kitchen floor.

Yes, gooey eggs all over the kitchen floor! Eurgh! I'm just glad I got there before the flour did!

The only thing for it was a quick cleanup followed by an early night so I could be on guard this morning.

He won't catch me out again....

4 Comments:

Rosie said...

But the question is what was he doing with the eggs? Trying to make you a cake is good. Practising his egg throwing is not!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous as your youngest is, I still have that response of "how on earth do parents keep their cool when things like that happen...?!?!" (You can tell I'm not a Mummy!) WHY DO THEY DO THINGS LIKE THAT??? Husband Baba simply says "...because they can!"
XX

Jo Beaufoix said...

Hee hee, that's just the kind of thing Miss M would do. I'm a mean mummy. We have the stair gate shut and the burglar alarm on so there's no chance of M getting up without us knowing.

Her indoors said...

Hi Rosie - yes his intention was fixated on cake...I'm just glad I got there before he turned the oven on :-D

Hi Baba - yes Mr Baba is so right...that man has insight! Yep, it is because they can...which means keeping your cool is even harder ;-D

Hi Jo - the stair gate never worked but I love the burglar alarm idea...it's just a shame we've got the cats which would make life interesting ;-D