Saturday, April 12, 2008

Fairweather Cyclist

Hooray, apart from the snow at Easter, yesterday's hailstorm and today's chill, Winter is behind us.

Yes I know I'm an optimist, but I have a very good reason. Now that Spring has sprung, my bike has at last emerged from its over-wintering in the garage. It's been dusted down, the tyres have been pumped back up and I am back in saddle.

So it's back to pegging it into town, then pushing it slowly back up that hill...

So keep your eyes peeled for the mad woman with the big smile or the red-faced old bird with the grimace.

8 Comments:

Florries Mum said...

If you need a pit-stop.....

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I think i'll dust mine down as well and lose some of the winter flab.

Charlotte Howard said...

My damaged ribs are keeping me off my own faithful machine, but sooner or later I'll be right behind you!

Christina S said...

Yes, better dust off mine - and pump up the tyres soon too. Oh no, Kevalar Way beckons!!!

grumpyoldwoman said...

Me too - once my dodgy knee is fixed. Good for you!

Jo Beaufoix said...

We just put together a tread mill we have purchased. Tomorrow, we might even use it?? ;)

Picklesmum said...

I have a nice clothes rack in my bedroom. Rumour has it, it used to be an exercise bike!

Her indoors said...

Hi FM - thank you. I will definitely be in need of one ;-D

Hi Sephe - glad to inspire. I hope I'll be able to shift another 7 pounds. Good luck ;-D

Hi Paul - Hope you make a recovery soon. I'll look out for you ;-D

Hi Rubes - no...not Kevalar Way...I'll get that Bike Tax business up and running soon. ;-D

Hey Grumps - if you're back in the saddle soon, may be we could have a blogging bike ride to the pub in Thurston. If you have one too many, there's always the train .home. Hope the knee's better soon ;-D

Go Jo Go - I think I've picked the easier option though ;-D

Hi Picklesmum - I used to have one of those. I hired it for a month to see if I liked it then decided to buy a proper clothes rack instead ;-D