Saturday, January 05, 2008

In honour of bad dancing




I hope you enjoyed the memories brought back by the Guinness advert, not only of the dancing man himself but of all the friends that you knew who might have even tried to recreate his footwork after a few glasses themselves.

If you liked that, you'll probably enjoy BBC4's Brits Can't Dance programme, which is now fully downloadable on BBCs new iPlayer service, advertised under the banner of Making the Unmissable Unmissable.

If you have half-an-hour to spare, I encourage you to grab a glass of wine or hot drink, put your feet up and click on the link below (be quick mind as there are only 2 days left before it expires).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b008lz2h.shtml

Even if you can only manage 10 minutes, it is worth it to see Cilla Black's performance of "40 cups of coffee" with her all male dance troupe (not that they do much dancing mind). There's also Limahl's performance at the BBC's Pebble Mill, with a rather embarrassed set of presenters in the background, unsure of whether they should dance or not.

It's a lovely treat and without the usual annoying commentary that often accompanies compilation programmes.

So, put your feet up and enjoy.

Oh and of course, in the words of Bruce Forsyth and Tess Daly...

To all the Brits wherever you are....

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeep Dancing!

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that indeed is a treat!! I couldn't watch the full half hour because Husband Baba was in hell!! I did watch enough to see Cilla's 40 cups of coffee though - oh dear!! I especially liked the multicoloured catsuit near the beginning......

Her indoors said...

LOL I can imagine Husband Baba being in hell. It's hardly therapy, but is mesmerising all the same. You missed the elderly chair-dancing at the end...that would have got him shouting at the PC ;-D

Rosie said...

Brilliant 21st Century Mummy! IJ started school today and I was in need of some entertainment! It all went very well by the way so now I'd better knuckle down and get some work done. No more excuses!

Her indoors said...

Congratulations Ingenious...Ingenious Junior starting school! I am so glad that it went well after your initial concerns. As you say, there's no excuse now to avoid work. Ha Ha. That'll be me in 9 months time, when my youngest goes off. I've just applied for his place today. ;-D