Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Drunken Monk


This afternoon I met a Drunken Monk and was encouraged to partake in a few bottles of festive wine. I haven't drunk them all, as you can see. The only casualty has been the Mulled Wine. However, they are all lined up for some gentle delectation over the next 6 weeks.

I prefer the gentle run up to the festive season rather than experiencing an excessive couple of weeks. I am particularly looking forward to the Domesday English Mead, which I can fully recommend. According to the information on the bottle, mead is probably the oldest alcoholic beverage known to man. This particular "brew" was first marketed in 1986 to mark the 900th anniversary of the Domesday Book.

By the way, the observant ones among you will notice the blurry effect of the photo. In my defence, I would like to blame in on the camera, which I used on night setting, and not...most definitely not my intoxication levels.

At worst, I can blame the Drunken Monk, who was selling his wares at the Yule Fest event at West Stow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Those dastardely monks certainly have a lot to answer for with their broad selection of enticingly concocted concoctions of alcoholic goodness ...

Her indoors said...

That dastardly monk...I've now started on the Mead...it's the slippery path for me