Friday, July 13, 2007

You know you're turning into your parents when...

...you go to a concert and you realise you don't even know what the band look like ;-D


Last night 21st C Dad and I left the kids with our regular babysitter, while we ventured up to a huge forest in Norfolk to watch The Feeling in concert!

Then it dawned on me, even though I booked the tickets months ago on the strength that I like their music, I couldn't even tell you what the band look like. It's like my mum going to see Duran Duran and not even knowing who Simon le Bon was.

...and having spent an hour watching them from a distance, I still didn't know who they were.

So I've just had a look on their website ...www.thefeeling.com....aaahhh that's who they are.

Anyway, the concert was great. I was glad to say that I recognised and was able to sing along to most of the songs. Admittedly the cover of The Buggles "Video killed the radio star" was a bit of a surreal surprise.

However, did feel a bit middle aged when we left during the final track to beat the traffic out of the forest ;-)

Oohhh we know how to live!

Addendum: Just added a few of my "people-watching photos" from last night.





5 Comments:

Charlotte Howard said...

Don't worry 21stCM. Compared with a real oldie like me you're wild!

Her indoors said...

Well, admittedly we weren't the oldest in the crowd. There were a couple of people who looked like they were in their 80s there. So you too would have been a spring chicken by comparison ;0)

Anonymous said...

It's 'Buggles' not 'The Buggles'

Her indoors said...

David - how right you are! However, I am impressed that I even got that close. It took me a while to discount other names like Biggles and Bubbles, before getting to The Buggles.

Just discovered two interesting facts...can't believe Video Killed the Radio Star was released as far back as 1979. Also, never realised it was co-written and produced by Trevor Horn

Anonymous said...

Trevor Horn was also the vocalist. He later produced 'Relax' by Frankie Goes To Hollywood and 4 years ago another No.1 in 'All The Things She Said' by t.A.T.u.

I have tried explaining the philosophy behind the Russian duo of Julia Volkova and Lena Katina to a puzzled Paul Farmer without much success, so I won't attempt it here.