Wednesday, June 27, 2007

THE Skirt and false economy


Well, it finally happened! About two months ago I managed to find a real treasure of a skirt in Matalan for only £12. A bargain compared to what had been my usual haunt of M&S's Per Una range, where items of the skirt variety tend to come in at about £35. Dedicated to my cause of trying to save money and buy more wisely, I was dead chuffed with my gorgeous skirt and the corresponding price. Easy to wear, easy enough to throw on for the school run, just lovely ~ I was very pleased with my purchase.


I proudly wore it for a couple of weeks, until one day I saw another mum at school... {gasp of all gasps}... wearing the same skirt. A few weeks later, one of the teaching staff proudly donned it and then a few weeks ago I saw another mum signing up to our underground spotty skirt gang, revealing her membership status with exactly the same item.

So, wanting to protect my outward sense of individuality, THE Skirt has not seen the light of day in about 6 weeks. I am so looking forward to the summer holidays, when I can flaunt it in a carefree manner without having to worry about playground wardrobe clashes!

Strange through, I haven't seen the other two ladies wearing theirs in a long time either....maybe they are looking forward to the summer holidays too. ;-D

2 Comments:

mommy of 3 angels said...

so what are u waiting for...show it off!!

Her indoors said...

Thanks for passing by...when that rain goes and I can don my sandals again, I think I will.