Monday, June 18, 2007

OK...so when did it happen?

I went to the doctors today. She was younger than me, probably in her early thirties at most. God, I feel old.

It got me thinking...

My son's teacher is an 80's child. The headteacher is the same age as my little sister. And as for our local bobby...

However, I can rest on my laurels knowing that age is no concern while I am younger than the incumbent mayor.

...blimminy fidget... that was a lucky escape, the recently retired town council Mayor was born in the 70s and was younger than my little sister. Thank goodness I didn't think about this whilst she was still in office.

Anyway, you're only as young as your attitude and mine isn't ready for middle-age yet.

3 Comments:

Christina S said...

One of the GPs I used to go to sometimes looked about 16. He made me feel ancient!!

MarkG said...

R and I spent Monday with one of her old schoolfriends. Despite now all being into our thirties we agreed it felt just like we were all meeting up during a university holiday, taking our ages back down by 10 years.

Where do the years go?

Her indoors said...

What I find difficult to believe is that 21 years ago I was right in the middle of my A levels. That sounds so wrong. It only feels like 10 years ago! What makes me feel really ancient is when I talk about O'levels. The youth look at me as though I went out with the Ark.