Saturday, June 23, 2007

I'm loving Snap Shots

I've just popped over to the lovely Running in Suffolk blog and noticed a clever little widget that Bury Blue has added... Snap Shots. Being a bit of techo-geek, I found this really appealing and have just installed it over here. Basically, the technology is aimed at enhancing links, so that when one hovers the mouse over a link, a preview of the destination site is shown. Clever eh?

As a reader, you can click the "sun" icon in the preview box and edit the default options. It is also possible to even disable it if you find it really annoying. However, I hope you like it and find it useful.

Happy surfing ;-)

3 Comments:

buryblue said...

Thanks for the kind comments

Anonymous said...

It's probably my PC, but it stops firefox from responding for about 30 seconds or so. It seems to hang on the direct.gov.uk site, so it's probably grinding to a halt while pre-fetching data from all the various links on the page. Works a treat in IE7 though!

Her indoors said...

Sorry Austen if it's caused you're PC a bit of bother, but hopefully it sounds as though it's over it. There is the option to disable it, if it causes anyone too much of a problem.
I am loving it at the moment, it's saving me double-clicking onto sites that have not been updated in ages. Such a lazy surfer, I know.