Saturday, June 09, 2007

I won't cry over spilt milk...


...but purple paint is another thing!


Okay, guess who forgot to put away the purple paint after a toddler hand-printing session yesterday?

Yep...I'd left it in the kitchen just tucked out of the way... out of sight, out of mind.......for some...

Jump forward to 7 o'clock this morning and:

paint splodged on the window and over the door,
rubbed on the sofa, as well as the floor...

...head's in my hands because worst of all,
purple paint smudged all over the wall


...in my yellow painted hall


...by the one in the house
who is the most small!

...and I thought I was up early!
but not soon enough, clearly!...


When I thought I couldn't be upset any more...
he spilled lots of milk all over the floor!



Addendum: The early bird catches the worm, so to speak and from now on I am going to follow the advice from Zen Habits, on how to become an early riser...(and apologies for the "poetry" by the way).

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

But what a great story this will make when your little one is a thumping great teenager - and his/her friends come round and admire your lovely paint-splodge-free home.

And even better when he/she moans about his/her own kids making a mess.

Melanie Rimmer said...

Ah, been there, done that. In my case my 8-year-old daughter dismantled a blue felt-tip pen, including taking the plastic wrapper off the ink-soaked fibres inside, then went round the house making daub-y finger prints on every painted surface she could find.

Her indoors said...

You're right grumpy old woman, there will be lots of those stories and I am so glad I am indulging in this blog as it makes those everyday things more memorable. When my kids are older (both boys), I will be more than happy to point them in the direction of my blog. (I do hope there will be a place for blogs in the future).

Hi Melanie - thanks for popping by. oooh felt-tip pen ink all over ~ now that's an "ouch" if ever I've heard one. Love your blog by the way. I've just made a brief reference to it in my latest downshifting post. I hope you like my self-description as a "downhill-shifter". I am trying, honestly.