Friday, June 08, 2007

Fast food and death in Wales

I woke up very early this morning, not sure why but my first thoughts were of my relatives in Wales who are no longer with us. As I couldn't get back to sleep, I thought I'd get up and, in their honour, blog about funeral traditions in Wales where my family would always hire "Dai the Box" to do the undertaking. We would live in the dark for about 4-5 days, with the curtains closed as a sign of respect and on the day of the funeral, the body of the deceased would be brought back to the "Front Room" for those who wished to pay their last respects.....BUT...

...when surfing for some material to back up my social commentary I stumbled upon:

"Death Threats of Bald Elvis"

Okay, not really an Elvis Fan but am intrigued, so let's have a look at the Bald Elvis, aka Elvis Preseli:



At this point I find "The Burger King" just a little intriguing as well as the baldness...


Am now lost for words...



...apparently the band is called Elvis Preseli and the Undertakers. If you're in need of more (whatever that more is) you can find them here....www.theburgerking.co.uk/menu.htm

1 Comment:

Christina S said...

Ha ha ha - I'm not an Elvis fan either, but I do like the bald Welsh speaking one. I think he wins over the original.