Friday, June 22, 2007

21st Century Mummy's "Still Life"


Inspired by Charles Handy's presentation, which I attended yesterday and Elizabeth Handy's Still Life work, I have now created my own still life.

Here you can see:

My wedding ring: a reminder of my marriage to the most wonderful man I could ever wish to meet.
A pot of children's paintbrushes: representing the importance of my beautiful children, with whom I am blessed. They are also a reminder of my first entrepreneurial steps with a children's art company.
A photograph of my mother: who has inspired me more than she will ever know.
A piece of Welsh coal: a token of luck (given to me by my godfather) and a symbol of my connection to my dispersed family.
My PC: the tool, by which I communicate with my sister and friends and express my thoughts through this blog and provides me with an outlet for creativity.
The flowers: Pink Freesias, which I buy weekly to make the house smell nice.

2 Comments:

Christina S said...

I love (*draws pink heart*) your still life.

Her indoors said...

Thanks Ruby...I'd encourage you to do one too - I'd love to see yours on your blog. It's a really lovely exercise, quite heartwarming really. All credit due to Elizabeth Handy for developing the concept.