Wednesday, May 09, 2007

A Nice Cup of Tea and a Sit Down



I've been working hard on adding some extra features to my blog, so today I went into Bury St Edmunds for a well earned rest. .. and I managed to have a nice pot of tea and a sit down for just 60p. Yes, and it was a pot, not just a cup. Ooh I know how to live!

There are more pots of tea to be had for bargain-hunters in Bury. If you trek down to the bottom of St John's Street, you will find the relaxed cafe in the Just Traid Centre (St John's Centre), a volunteer run shop and cafe that stocks Fair Trade and eco-friendly products. The cafe also serves light lunches including organic rolls, jacket potatoes and soups. If you are still hungry, you can also choose from a wide range of home-baked cakes. They also welcome children and there is a box of children's toys for little ones to play with, which is another great plus point.




I didn't take my camera today, so couldn't take my own photos. So when searching for a nice cup of tea to headline this post, I came across this entertaining website. I can't say any more except you need a nice cup of tea and a sit down.

The copyright in the above photos belong to the following third-parties:
Cup of Tea: Nice cup of tea and a sit down
Cafe: Just Traid Centre

2 Comments:

Christina S said...

This has been one of my regular haunts for a year or two, although I'm trying to stay away from their cake at the moment. Rather gorgeous and you could get about three slices of it for the price of a piece of cake in many other Bury cafes. Very tempting if you're a bit of a cake eater!!

Her indoors said...

The cake is scrummy and I am a bit of a cake eater! I need to stay away from it too, especially having gone clothes shopping today! That'll be only one slice for me then :-)