Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Happy birthday to you

Well, check this out! A birthday cake baked by "moi" to celebrate my husband's (shhh) 38th birthday.




So what does a 21st Century mummy buy her old man, to celebrate such a wonderful age? A useful gadget of course. He woke up to a family-friendly set of 4 Walkie Talkies. We tested them out when I went off to see my hair stylist this morning. The reception was great considering I was over a mile away. It was useful, because apparently we had run out of bread and I was issued with a request to get some more. I know there is always the mobile phone and SMS, but the walkie talkie is a lot more fun (and free to use)!




I returned home to a 20th century slideshow, full of photographs from my husband's childhood, which haven't been seen in decades. He had found them in the loft this morning. Here's a photo of him as a baby, which I took from the slideshow. It's now time to light the candles on the cake, so I'd better stop blogging...over and out!


3 Comments:

buryblue said...

these photos would be good on flickr perhaps on the 1970's group

todaysdaze said...

sorry, I must be out of the loop but what is SMS?

P.S. what a cute baby picture!

Her indoors said...

Hi Bury Blue - great suggestion. i should capture a few more of the slides and load them up to flickr. Just seen the time on your post - I guess you're off out for a run ;-). Thanks for dropping in again.

Hi todaysdaze. Thanks too for dropping by. SMS is the abbreviation for Short Messaging Service, aka text messages. I only just found out exactly what it means - I am sure I knew back in 1999 when I was a technology researcher, but two children later and I'm in need of help with the old memory! Love your blog by the way.