Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Entrepreneurial Tangents: Please could we have...

...a bike taxi

Now, I love my bike and there is little I like better than the exhiliarating experience of cycling (or rather free-wheeling) down what seems like the only hill in Suffolk, into Bury St Edmunds. It has all the benefits of fun, fresh-air, freedom, fitness and being a friend to the environment.

But, there is the problem of what goes down must come back up, defying the law of gravity. And it's not really an incentive when you have to climb that steeeeeeeeep and long hill with a 15kg toddler on the back and a tonne of shopping on the front.


Oh if only there was a bike taxi, which you could just ring to rescue you from the Everest that lies ahead. I know I'd lose out in the fitness stakes and would only be half a friend to the environment, but it wouldn't half be nice. I'd be much more tempted to cycle into town on market day.

Taxi companies, please feel free to take this idea and run with it and if it's successful, I wouldn't mind the odd free ride. Just look out for the red-faced woman pushing the bike up the hill, going two steps forward and one step back.





3 Comments:

Christina S said...

That hill is the obstacle preventing me from visiting Moreton Hall's cycle paths. I second the idea for a bike taxi.

If they could give me and my bike a lift up the hill, I would be sooo happy :-D

Anonymous said...

Now that would be interesting to see cycle rickshaws pottering around Bury as they do in the centre of Cambridge!! Will need someone with plenty of puff...

Tina - Freebird Professional said...

Helloooo - I don't believe you've registered this wish yet....