Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Forty eh! What's it all about then?

There I was thinking that forty was the new thirty... entering a new age with bells and whistles, but keeping my youth, humour and brain...

...until...

today...

when...

this morning...


ONE: Not only did I fall flat on my face in the garden...and I mean FLAT on MY FACE, resulting in a grazed upper lip for all to see...I think I tripped over a fleck of dust!

TWO...I later drove UP a DOWN ramp in a multi-storey car park that I've used many a time!

THREE...I somehow managed to buy jam for my four year old, which I later noticed is heavily laced with Claret.

What's going on?

Someone help, please?

I had thought I'd ask my new friend from Australia. Edith's her name. Edith Wise!

She knows a thing or two about aging!

But I'm not sure she'd remember who I was...

I suppose anything's worth a pop!


7 Comments:

grumpyoldwoman said...

I am guessing you are just preoccupied with secrets 21CM - whereas the rest of us are bursting with curiousity!

Edith is great - can I adopt her as my Granny?

And what is she going to do with those flowers? Bad girl.

Patricia said...

Wait until 50 ! Oh my goodness....

I love Edith...


When do we hear the 'news' ????

Christina S said...

Edith is a STAR. I like that song as well, reminds me of learning to play the guitar in the 70s, LOL.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Hee hee, and ouch for the poor lip.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Oh, and enjoy your telescope, it must be so exciting. :D

Tim Atkinson said...

That must have been one hell of a fortieth birthday party!

Her indoors said...

Hi Grumps - I know the distraction is making me do allsorts....but it's nearly over...see tonight's post for a clue. And yes, Edith is very naughty ;-D

Hi Patricia - 50? That's a whole decade away but I bet it will come soon...Can't quite reveal yet but I've given a clue in the hope I don't get a slapped wrist ;-D

Hi Rubes - LOL - please play it on a guitar before you leave Bury..please, please :-D

Hi Jo - fortunately the lip is much better, but I did have to keep slapping the old make-up on at a friend's wedding this weekend...hope that no-one noticed. Telescope is great thank you...I can't wait for the next clear night.

Hi to The Dotterel and welcome. Yes it was a big celebration. Hee Hee. Maybe the effects lasted longer than I thought LOL...hopefully I'm back to normal ;-D