Monday, April 07, 2008

Fun Monday

The lovely Jo Beaufoix is hosting this week's Fun Monday. Things have been busy this week so I thought I'd leave the serious stuff for a while and join in!

So Jo wants to know about my first celebrity crush.

Thanks then Jo. I suppose I'm going to have to come out of the closet, for the first time ever!

I can't believe I'm even going to admit to this. But before I do...I'm going to have to indulge in a sing-song...


Bye bye baby, baby goodbye
Bye bye baby, don't make me cry
Bye baby, baby, bye bye.
Bye baby, baby, bye bye.


I also can't believe that I was only 6. I had the album, the socks, the scarf and here's the big one..... the knickers!

Yes it's time to reveal that my first celebrity crush was Woody from The Bay City Rollers. He's the one in the middle. (Check out those boots by the way!)



There, I've said it and I think I now need therapy. Especially as I can't get the song out my head! And yes, it is an early embarrassing blip that I would rather forget.

But as they say, a problem shared is a problem halved. So here is something I would like to share with you....

I am sorry, but you don't have to click if you don't really want to....

12 Comments:

Florries Mum said...

You're right-therapy would be a good idea. Some of us Scottish people were actually more embarassed by them than anything else-and I hate to do this to you-but do you know that they didn't play those instruments-it was all mimed.

Jo Beaufoix said...

There now, you feel better for getting that out now don't you? Hee hee.
Thanks so much for playing sweetie. Mine is just as embarrassing, I promise.

Celeste said...

Yes, therapy may be in order....I love the orange pants in the picture; and those platform shoes! (I'm getting used to the hair after looking at other FM's).

Anonymous said...

I think the pants and shoes are hilarious! But, I'm going to have to agree with everyone else- therapy is probably going to be necessary.

ChrisB said...

Ha my eldest daughter went through a phase of loving the BCRollers and she doesn't like to be reminded of it either!!

Molly said...

Other than the clothing the Bay City Rollers was a great band. I especially like the song Saturday Night.

Rosie said...

Oh my word! I don't know what's worse - the haircuts or the shoes!!

Heather said...

I think the guy on the left of Woody is a cutie.

Alison said...

I remember them!!

Her indoors said...

Hi Florries Mum - LOL, I hope you don't need therapy too, hee hee. Yes I knew about those instruments and also didn't they come off pretty bad in the money stakes too.

LOL Jo - I'm not so sure. You're doing your taste a bit of a disservice ;-D

Hi Celeste - ha,ha, I'm going to have to have a really good poke around aren't I.

Hi Our Happy Happenings - I'm going to have start the sessions tomorrow, based on the recommendations ;-D

Hi ChrisB - Another one...hooray. Glad I wasn't the only fan. It's making me feel better already.

Hi MjD - thank you, thank you. I've now got the Bye Bye Baby tune out of my head...LOL..but I'm now singing Saturday Night.

Hi Rosie - hope you're keeping well...hmmm...it has to be the haircuts...or is it the troooozers?

Hi Heather - ahhh that would be Derek then. Apparently he's now in the medical profession...or was it hairdressing....oh, I get so confused these days. ;-D

Hi Alison - but is it a good memory . Hee hee ;-D

Thanks to all of you who've popped over from Jo's FM (not to be confused with our very own FM, who is indeed Florrie's Mum). Anyway, it's really great to have you visit. I've been busy working tonight so I'll pop around and make my visits soon, which is a brilliant way of making Fun Monday last all week.

Pamela said...

It's good therapy to admit to this stuff, and then you don't have to worry about anyone outting you!!!

I know I feel better. HA HA HA.

Her indoors said...

Thanks Pamela and you are right. That's one less thing for someone to hold over me. While I'm at it, I should perhaps tell the world about Limahl, Howard Jones, Nik Kershaw and Wham! Oh, I'm not doing my reputation much good am I ;-D