Saturday, March 29, 2008

I've been busy again!

I'm so sorry to have abandoned you folks again. My blog posts are turning into a random experience. Some might say what's new, they've always been a tad random. That may be but at least they were frequent.

My regular ramblings are now appearing on my other site, The Rubbish Diet, so if you're missing the blurb, you can keep up with my landfill challenges over there. Fans of Ruby can also look forward to my evaluation of her rubbish sometime next week, so look out for Ruby's Rubbish Reveal coming soon.

So what else is new?

Exciting times prevail. I've spent some quality time catching up with my pal Tracey Smith over at International Downshifting Week. You might have caught her on this week's It pays to watch programme, with Martin Lewis on Five.

I've also met with an agency to talk about turning The Rubbish Diet into a book and am in the process of finishing off the first few chapters to submit to a few publishers, which is very exciting.

But the excitement doesn't stop there.

In the last few weeks I've joined the team at the excellent Sustained Magazine and have contributed my first posting today. If you haven't seen the site yet, it's well worth a visit. The magazine is a great read. All its archives are available online, so grab yourself a cup of tea and enjoy the read.

The About Bury magazine is flourishing and I'm enjoying my role as Features Editor. We've got some fantastic features coming up over the next few months, which I will link up on the blog when they're available. The best thing is the fabulous feedback that we are receiving from not just the local retailers but the readers as well.

I've also been snapped at a local fashion show, which was organised by students at West Suffolk College for the eating disorders charity B-Eat. So if you happen to pick up one of the other magazines that circulates Bury St Edmunds, you might spot me smiling at you. It was a fantastic event to support a very worthwhile cause and congratulations should go to students and staff at WSC for its excellent organisation.

So what's next?

Well, I think all this is enough to juggle for now and the focus for the moment is to carry on enjoying the Easter holidays.

So belated Easter greetings from the 21st C household and I promise I'll be back soon.

3 Comments:

Tina - Freebird Professional said...

wow wow wow... go girl!

Florries Mum said...

Dont you have to eat and sleep like the rest of us mere mortals? My head is spinning just reading all you have planned. Good luck with it all, but I do miss yours and Ruby's humorous takes on life.

Her indoors said...

Hey Tina - thanks and thank you too for encouraging me to write all those years ago...to think I was too busy because I was committed to kiddies' art. LOL. Will get back to you soon. Hope you're having a fab time.

Hi FM - LOL...I must admit I do have a problem in that I normally get cracking at 6am and then get on with it again after the kids have gone to bed, but it's all so much fun. Anyway, I miss you guys too, but I've got a cunning plan. I'm going to take a regular break from my rubbish and other important stuff and come back home to 21st CM for the weekends. So you should still find me here pondering my usual dilemmas at least once a week...and having been away for a while, it does really feel like home. xx