Saturday, September 22, 2007

Dare to be different...


Last night I indulged in my adventurous side, which doesn't reveal itself much since having children. These days my evenings are spent in the safety net of home with 21st C Dad or going to the odd event with friends, normally a restaurant or visiting their own homes.

However last night was different....and in so many ways...

It was different because... I had a night out on the town......in a bar.......which didn't incorporate going out for a meal.

It was different because...I met up with a group of strangers...some friends... but mostly strangers. I deliberately went out to meet these strangers who I'd met on the Internet. People warn you about this kind of thing don't they.

The evening was most definitely a different kind of night-out, with different things to talk about and different things to see.

Including this "flying bike"


... and being served at the bar by this
Kiss FM DJ


....while enjoying the extraordinary lighting


The icing on the cake was a quick visit to the gents loos to take a quick peek at the urinals...



...before saying goodbye to the friendly bar staff



and heading off home with my lovely friend Norma


Thanks to everyone for a real fun night out...if you happen to be reading this, it was lovely to meet you all.

And if any readers are left wondering about the venue...if you are in Bury St Edmunds, check it out... SoBar in Langton Place...It's great and different!

(This post is brought to you from a Wi-Fi Hotspot in Sudbury - now that's different)






12 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely to meet you too - and everyone else who was at this Bloggers Convention

Picklesmum said...

Twas a lovely evening. Everyone there was so friendly.

Anonymous said...

Great evening, thanks for organising it with your partner in crime. Getting up for work was a bit rough-although Bury Boy was a real martyr and got up at six am to play golf. But how were you this morning???
Please can we do it again soon?

Her indoors said...

It was a great night wasn't it and it was brilliant that you could come out at such short notice. Funny how these things happen! Maybe we could have an official Bury Bloggers Party next time with plenty of notice and see who comes out of the woodwork.

David, Picklesmum and Florries mum - it was great to meet you all in real life.

Florries mum, yes I was unusually a bit worse for wear this morning. I'll tell you all about my awakening another time. Bury Boy playing golf that early - now that's commitment :-D

Christina S said...

Brilliant night everyone - loved it :-)

Her indoors said...

Hey Ruby...we could start up a whole new series of events like...Bloggers go golfing, Blogging Bowling, Bloggers at the Cinema....the list is endless.

Anonymous said...

Here's a tip - drink only Coca Cola with ice (like me) and you could just leap out of bed at 06.30 (also like me). A bit dull maybe, but no hangover.

Her indoors said...

David - you are right...I'd have to stick to orange juice though. The caffeine in Cola would keep me awake until 6.30 and leave me sleeping in bed all day ;-D

Anonymous said...

21st CM, how funny you were!!!! Ruby, David, Bury Boy, Pickles Mum and Florries Mum - it was a lovely evening and a real joy to meet you all. Blogging will never be the same again!
David - good point, having been roused at 7 by the littlies who did not make allowances for my poorly head (Mr N was still dead to the world after all the excitment) I think I will stick to soft drinks next time!

Her indoors said...

Hi Nigella - LOL at you thinking I was funny...sorry you were suffering in the morning, but at least you've gained the moral highground for next time ;-D

Anonymous said...

Wah - couldnt come cos i had a previous engagement with Michael Jackson (oh, all right, with Thriller Live) - but I will come next time and I will drink my usual lime and soda - boring but cheap and I can leap out of bed at 6am - but who in their right mind would want to ?

Her indoors said...

Hi Grumps - It would have been great to have met you but I understand...I think Ruby and I should organise something official soon and have a right proper get-together. mmmm Lime and Soda sounds lovely ;-D