Saturday, May 19, 2007

Weird & Wonderful Wood

We had a great family outing this afternoon. We went to the Weird & Wonderful Wood event at Haughley Park near Stowmarket in Suffolk. Here are some of the photos from the day including, willow sculptures, unusual fireplaces and wood-carving.





The following photo is of a large net, where the children had so much fun just clambering between the trees. It was "constructed" by a company called Monkey-Do, a group of arboricultural professionals who install cargo nets to allow people to climb trees safely. Apparently adults could give it a go too!

2 Comments:

Christina S said...

I saw Haughely Park advertised in the Mercury recently and thought it looked great - the piece was about their glass sculptures, I think. I didn't know about the weird and wonderful wood event - wish I had, looks fantastic. I love both wooden and glass sculptures.

Her indoors said...

The glass sculptures are fab. I'll try and dig out some photos when I get a chance. The wood event is a great day out. They also have a music event in the evening, which I expect would be great for older kids. We went to the daytime fair. I wish I got some better photos of the wandering violinist with the long beard, who sauntered around in a Fiddler on the roof-esque fashion. Maybe next year ;-)