Monday, April 23, 2007

Wow Cookies

In the words of Victor Meldrew...I don't believe it!!! I made cookies today! This is a big result as I am not really much of a cook, preferring to buy the luxury biscuits from the supermarket, but I am now a convert!

It was a brave move, as the last batch of chocolate cookies that I made was about 20 years ago as a student and they were disgusting. I think it had something to do with the fact that the recipe said to use 1 tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda instead of 1 teaspoon. Yes I was scarred for life!

Anyway, here's the proof and they are delicious (I've already had four of them). I am sure I will be very popular when I pick my eldest up from after-school club (that's if there are any cookies left). The only thing to work on is the portion control. The recipe (from Tana Ramsey's book) says that you can make 40 of the lovely things. I've just managed 32...because mine have come out huge!

I can't believe it was so easy and no special equipment needed - not even a cookie cutter. However, I doubt if I will ever become a domestic goddess, not when I can see myself turning into a cookie monster!

0 Comments: